So a couple of friends were asking me how to make this dish that I made….I made a lot of it and shared it with quite a few peeps and they all wanted the recipe. I made it up in my noggin, so I will do my best to put it down on …er paper.
- 4 c of cooked rice
- 1-2 broccoli stalks-> STEAM IT
- 1 diced/cooked chicken breast
- CHEESE SAUCE
The only thing you need to know how to make is the cheese sauce. Here’s how I did it:
- heat 3 tbsp of butter MELT THAT STUFF
- add 2 cups of milk and heat that stuff too. If you have some heavy cream on hand make .25 of that liquid some of that stuff
- when all those dairy products are nice and warm add about a cup of shredded…more if you like. I think I used more since my hubby is a cheese lover
Now you are going to mix all the other stuff in an….11×9 baking dish…..the bigger one you have that isn’t too big.
NOW THROW THE CHEESE ON THERE AND MIX THAT PARTY UP INTO A PARTY!!!
then spread it evenly throughout the pan and cover it in corn flakes and then melt 2tbsps of butter and pour it over the whole shindig. Bake at 350 for about 15 min if you want that stuff crispy and then you pull it out and eat it. You might want to salt and pepper it to taste. I usually like to make that a personal step since reasons and stuff.
it’s gluten free!
Please note that that might not be enough cheese sauce…I have no clue, to be honest. But it’s easy enough to make more.
Have fun and enjoy!